SOME OF THE PRISONERS HELD AT
NAME: Konteradmiral Ludolf von
CAPTURED: Oslo, Norway
DATE: 1st July 1945
OF BIRTH: 13 August 1899
PLACE OF BIRTH: Oberau
DATE OF DEATH: 14 May
PLACE OF DEATH: Hemer / Westfranken
EYE COLOUR: Brown
NEXT OF KIN:
Charlotte Hohnhorst, (British Zone)
- War Volunteer: 3 October 1916
- Bootsmannsmaat: 2 July 1917
- Fähnrich zur See: 17 September 1917
- Leutnant zur See der Reserve: 31 December 1918 (Patenting reserved)
- Leutnant zur See: 10 January 1920 (Patent 28 September 1919)
- Oberleutnant zur See: 1 April 1922
- Kapitänleutnant: 1 October 1929
- Korvettenkapitän: 1 October 1935
- Fregattenkapitän: 1 April 1939
- Kapitän zur See: 1 November 1940
- Konteradmiral: 1 October 1944
- 3 October 1916: Entered the Imperial German Navy as
a War Volunteer with the expectation of a career as a Sea Officer.
- 3 October 1916-21 December 1916: Training aboard the
protected cruiser Freya.
- 29 March 1917-21 April 1917: Assigned to the pre-dreadnought
- 22 April 1917-7 July 1917: Assigned to the pre-dreadnought
- 8 July 1917-3 January 1918: Navigation Course at Naval
- 4 January 1918-9 March 1918: Course aboard the protected
cruiser Kaiserin Augusta.
- 10 March 1918-28 May 1918: Assigned to the torpedo
boat T 173 in the School Half Flotilla.
- 29 May 1918-30 November 1918: Watch Officer aboard
the torpedo boat T 173.
- 30 November 1918-31 December 1918: On leave.
- 31 December 1918: Entered the Reserve.
- 3 May 1919-31 May 1920: Freikorps service in the II.
Marine-Brigade Wilhelmshaven, later known as Brigade Ehrhardt. [Commanded
by Korvettenkapitän Hermann Ehrhardt, this nationalistic, right wing volunteer
brigade took part in defeating Communist uprisings and maintaining law
and order throughout Germany in the aftermath of World War I.]
- 10 January 1920: Reactivated in the Navy as a Leutnant
- 1 June 1920-12 August 1920: North Sea Schiffsstamm
[Ship’s Cadre] Detachment.
- 13 August 1920-28 September 1921: Watch Officer in
the 8th Half Flotilla.
- 29 September 1921-30 September 1922: Watch Officer
in the 11th Half Flotilla.
- 1 October 1922-2 November 1922: Watch Officer aboard
the light cruiser Hamburg and then the minesweeper M 122.
- 3 November 1922-14 September 1924: Watch and Torpedo
Officer aboard the torpedo boat G 10 in the 1st Half
- 15 September 1924-27 September 1925: Commander of
the torpedo boat T 146 in the 1st Torpedo Boat Flotilla.
- 29 September 1925-30 September 1928: Assistant in
the Mine Testing and Demonstration Command.
- 1 April 1927-20 April 1927: At the same time, Commander
of the research trawler Grille.
- 8 August 1927-10 August 1927: At the same time, Commander
of the Submarine Destroyer Half Flotilla.
- 11 August 1927-27 August 1927: At the same time, Adjutant
of the Submarine Destroyer Half Flotilla.
- 1 October 1928-4 October 1931: Detached to the Defense
Department of the Reich Defense Ministry.
- 5 October 1931-25 September 1933: Division and Watch
Officer aboard the pre-dreadnought battleship Schleswig-Holstein.
- 26 September 1933-27 September 1935: Third Staff Officer
on the staff of the North Sea Naval Station.
- 28 September 1935-20 September 1936: Artillery Officer
aboard the light cruiser Königsberg.
- 14 October 1936-20 October 1937: Artillery Officer
aboard the light cruiser Leipzig.
- 21 October 1937-15 February 1939: Group Leader in
the Defense Department of the Armed Forces High Command.
- 16 February 1939-30 June 1940: Consultant in the Navy
Signals Department of the Navy High Command.
- 1 July 1940-18 April 1941: Consultant in the Navy
Sub-Department, Armistice Commission France.
- 23 April 1941-22 September 1942: Chief of Staff of
the Commanding Admiral Norwegian West Coast.
- 23 September 1942-6 November 1942: Detached to the
staff of the Commanding Admiral Norway.
- 7 November 1942-12 May 1944: Senior Quartermaster
on the staff of the Commanding Admiral Norway/Navy High Command Norway.
- 24 April 1944-21 August 1944: Delegated with the post
of Commandant of Sea Defenses Bergen, Norway.
- 30 August 1944-20 November 1944: Commandant of Sea
Defenses Polar Sea Coast, Norway.
- 8 December 1944-31 May 1945: Chief of Staff of the
Navy High Command Norway.
- 1st July 1945 -
19th August 1946 British prisoner of war
- 9th Jan 1946
transferred to Island Farm Special Camp 11 from Camp 1,
- 26th July 1946
transferred to LDC (London District Cage) from Island Farm Special
- 19th August
1946 transferred to Island Farm Special Camp 11 from LDC
- 7th October
1947 via Camp 43 to CIC Adelheide (Civil Internment Camp).
- Iron Cross, 1st Class (1939)
- Iron Cross, 2nd Class (1939)
- War Merit Cross, 1st Class with Swords
- War Merit Cross, 2nd Class with Swords
- Cross of Honor for Combatants 1914-1918
- Armed Forces Long Service Award, 1st Class (25-year Service
- Armed Forces Long Service Award, 3rd Class (12-year Service
- Minesweepers, Sub-Chasers and Escort Vessels War Badge